Sunday, July 25, 2010

disconnected

this was what i twittered last, five days ago, tuesday july 20 at 21:17. i was on my way home. the ferry would reach the shore in minutes.

i began to write another…
"ran into linda & angel on my way to work this morning"
…but i was unsure how to finish it(!), somehow couldn't figure out what i really wanted to say. so i left it exactly like that and saved it for later use.

what happened very quickly right between these two tweets was i started to feel very sick. i needed to vomit.

i also needed a paper bag, not to make a mess. for that i stood up and as soon as i turned around…

i got disconnected!

i completely blacked out. next thing i knew i was a few rows away from where i'd stood, on the other side, on my left butt, my legs in midair.

a lady was very concerned, crying for help, asking if i was okay. i sat myself up. i explained i was perhaps a little too tired.

the moment she and her companions walked me up to the pier, i have to be honest with you, i was sweating cold sweat all over. ("he's very cold," the guy said.)

still i resisted their idea of getting medical help, reassured them that i should feel alright after a few minutes of sitting-down. the same i said to the passersby. i called uwe and told him the situation and confirmed that i'd be home for dinner soon afterwards.

a few minutes later i changed my position: i lay down on the stairs step.

another round of minutes later i changed my mind: i waved a policeman over. i didn't know by that i would've committed myself to my first hospital stay, for three days.

the direction of my evening changed by 180° — well within twenty minutes, i believe.

then there were those 3 days… what went on during that time is going to be another entry.

1 comment:

SW said...

bj, what's wrong? too tired (疲勞過度)? hope you're alright now. please take good care of yourself! xxxx